As explained by the Mayo Clinic, high blood pressure is the force of blood against the walls of the arteries causing heart problems, which can endanger a person’s life.
A report by the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) states, “Cardiovascular diseases account for 1.6 million deaths each year in the Americas region. About half a million of them are under the age of 70It is considered a premature and preventable death.
High blood pressure risk factors
- The main risk factor for high blood pressure is people over the age of 64, with women more affected than men, but “in some children, high blood pressure is caused by kidney or heart problems,” he assures.
- In some other cases, blood pressure is a hereditary factor, so certain dietary habits that control it need to be modified, such as reducing sodium intake.
- The same is true for obesity, as it is a variable found in most conditions, including hypertension, and with excess weight, Increased blood flow, which travels through blood vessels, exerts energy.
- The Tobacco use It is harmful because its compounds not only increase the blood pressure level, but also increase the walls of the arteries.
- mental stress: The The US National Library of Medicine, Medline Plus, describes it as “a feeling of physical or emotional tension,” which can be positive or negative depending on the situation, causing blood pressure levels to rise.
Diseases caused by blood pressure
There are many conditions related to blood pressure, most of which involve the heart, such as congestive heart failure This is because the heart does not pump blood efficiently to the rest of the body.According to Medline Plus.
According to this system, heart failure is considered a chronic condition that can be caused by unnecessary problems with the heart.
Heart attacks and strokes appear after high blood pressure: “If the accident is very serious, it can cause immediate death. According to the WHO, 80% of premature strokes are preventable,” the international organization says in an article published in 2020.
Pulses against high blood pressure
According to Health Portal Your healthIn one of her articles reviewed by nutritionist Tatiana Janin, Lentils are rich in carbohydrates, fiber and minerals like magnesium and zinc.
The DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet plan for high blood pressure includes pulses as one of the priority foods, along with whole grains, vegetables, fruits, nuts and meats. Although salt is not the only factor, it is worth noting It increases the blood pressure level, which affects it, so it is recommended to prepare foods with a low amount of sodium.
In the market you can find lentils of different colors: green or brown, but there are others, black, red, yellow and orange, respectively. Your health They are commonly included in a baby’s diet plan because they are soft when cooked and have a smooth texture that is anti-constipating.
In conclusion, body mind It says that a person should consume 60 to 80 grams of pulses with a portion of rice or another ingredient to highlight its protein value.
“Wannabe web geek. Alcohol expert. Certified introvert. Zombie evangelist. Twitter trailblazer. Communicator. Incurable tv scholar.”