December 1, 2022

Solid State Lighting Design

Find latest world news and headlines today based on politics, crime, entertainment, sports, lifestyle, technology and many more

Square Enix finishes FF7 Battle Royale first soldier in 2023

Square Enix finishes FF7 Battle Royale first soldier in 2023

Various Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier fighters fight against iconic series characters such as Barret, Cloud and Tifa.

Just fighting to keep him alive.
screenshot: Square Enix

Everything must die in the end, and Square Enix heard the death toll loud and clear. Dig a grave early because the company’s Battle Royale mobile game, Final Fantasy VII: The First SoldierIt will close on January 11, 2023.

It was launched in November 2021, first soldier It was Square Enix’s attempt to capitalize on the famous battle royale trend. Think fortnite, but with swords and chocobo instead of just guns and cars. You create a character decked out in costumes worn by favorite series like Cloud Strife and Tifa Lockhart, then parachute onto different Migar maps with 74 other players to be the last soldier standing. I Enjoy the game Despite some performance issues and its exclusive to Android and iOS platforms. still Over 1 Million Downloads It wasn’t long after it was released, so there was an audience.

Square Enix Advertise on the game’s official websitea month before the first anniversary, that service for first soldier It will end in January. The blog post specified that the company could not “deliver the experience we all hoped and deserved,” which led to the game being unofficially closed. I’m not quite sure that revival would work here, all of you. Unfortunately, I think this is done. Permanent death came to that.

“Although there is less than three months left until the end of service, we will continue to make updates during this time, so we hope you continue to enjoy Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier Square Enix said. “We would like to thank you all for your support over the past year.”

The community is shooketh but not necessarily surprised by the announcement. Many in the tweet’s mentions saw writing on the wallin particular because first soldier I was mobile only. single speaker He said “The game design worked well together,” but the performance issues were a “knockout.” Another simply argued that avalanche gang—Members like Biggs and Jessie along with Barret and Cloud—must be added to fortnite While that. Most of them seem to agree. You may see a resurgence If it was re-released on PC.

Kotaku I reached out to Square Enix for comment.

This news bothers me, and not just as a gaming preservation enthusiast. In my impressions a few days after her fall, I called first soldier “Interesting combination” of Final Fantasy The emerging Design and battle royale game that suffered from being a mobile only version. The small screen of the phone does not favor the game at all, which makes it difficult to sort all the information on the screen. Pair the small screen with occasional performance issues – dropped frames, input lag, etc. – and you’ve got a frustrating if exhilarating battle royale action game. Things might have been different if it had been released on consoles and PCs. But that’s the timeline we’re on, and it’s always bad when the game dies, no matter what.

See also  Dragon Quest creator Yuji Horii shares a brief update on the next main entry