CD Projekt Red revealed all kinds of upcoming additions and improvements The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition. Just to be clear, this is the PS5 version that launched on December 14th. It’s a free upgrade if you already own The Witcher 3 on PS4.
There’s also a ‘Next Generation’ trailer you can watch above, that should help you get excited about Geralt’s return.
Anyway, we’ve noticed all the new things that were mentioned during the developer’s gameplay livestream. Seems like a pretty solid update.
- Better visuals across the board on PS5, comparable to Ultra Graphics settings on PC
- Fully integrated photo mode
- New gameplay camera option, which places the camera close to Geralt, over his right shoulder (kind of like the camera in God of War Ragnarok)
- Two graphics settings on PS5: Performance (60fps) and Quality (30fps with Raytracing)
- Full DualSense controller support, with haptic feedback and adaptive triggers in gameplay
- New cue scoring controls – hold the trigger and press the dedicated face button to cue to use cues without having to open the radial menu in combat
- Much faster loading times on PS5 when you’re loading your game or traveling fast
- The map now has filters, allowing you to disable or enable certain icons
- Small gameplay tweaks and rebalancing throughout the game (to be fully detailed in upcoming patch notes)
- New walking and running controls, giving you more control over Geralt’s movement speed (optional)
- Translations can be made larger
- You can now pause the game during cutscenes
- Simplified Chinese voice acting and localization have been added
- Improved translation for other languages
- Hybrid minimap option, which makes the minimap fade out after a set amount of time (until you hit the focus button again)
- New mission inspired by Netflix the magician series
- New swords, shields and items
- Dandelion alternate costume
- Save and progress across all platforms
CD Projekt Red says more information is coming over the next few weeks, ahead of the enhanced port’s launch. This will include the full patch notes, so we’ll make sure to post it when it’s live.
“Infuriatingly humble music trailblazer. Gamer. Food enthusiast. Beeraholic. Zombie guru.”