sports story It wasn’t in the best shape at launch, but thankfully, a few updates have been released since then. We are now at version 1.0.4 and although it includes the usual fixes and improvements, it has also got another interesting change in it.
Access to the Secret Development Room is now blocked. If you haven’t seen it already, is the part of the game where you go to a hidden area and you can talk to the Video Game Developers about the development environment. Here are the full patch notes for Sports Story Version 1.0.4:
Sports Story – v1.0.4 (29 Jan 2023)
Access to the secret development room was blocked.
- If the squid boss disappears, it will return to the platform after the game is reloaded.
- Wildlands Birdie medals will be marked correctly if medals are collected over multiple rounds.
- Fixed some trades that require an amount of money to operate.
- Various fixes for places/events where the player could get stuck.
- Clubs screens will show more than 5 clubs correctly.
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes lock the player after throwing golf balls.
- 30% off coupon works right now.
- Catching fish with sticky hands will no longer be a problem.
- The swingarm is fixed when using PureStrike Green woods.
Sports Story got a surprise release last December, and while we didn’t mind it, it wasn’t “up to par” after such a long wait. Here’s a brief excerpt of our review:
If you loved the original, you’ll probably find Sports Story to be an enjoyable enough follow-up, but there’s no denying that it feels a little let down after years of waiting. Assuming a sidebar can sort out the worst of the tech into the issues, We’d give Sports Story a light recommendation to anyone looking for a quirky take on a sports RPG, but this one doesn’t deserve a spot at the top of your list.”
“Infuriatingly humble music trailblazer. Gamer. Food enthusiast. Beeraholic. Zombie guru.”