(CNN Spanish) — The next president of Colombia is Gustavo Pedro Will take over on 7th AugustAnd dozens of high-level leaders and representatives from various countries have so far confirmed their arrival in the country to accompany the president at the start of his term.
This August 7, according to the country’s political tradition, Pedro Nariño will enter the House and begin to exercise the presidency until 2026. On the same day, President Ivan Dug will end his term.
According to the organizing committee for the inauguration of Gustavo Pedro, these are the presidents, leaders and delegations who have confirmed their arrival in Bogotá next August 7.
- King Felipe VI of Spain
- Gabriel Boric, President of Chile
- Guillermo Lasso, President of Ecuador
- Luis Abinador, President of the Dominican Republic
- Luis Arce Catagora, President of Bolivia
- Mario Abdo Benitez, President of Paraguay
- Laurentino Cortizo, President of Panama
- Xiomara Castro, President of Honduras
- Rodrigo Chavez, President of Costa Rica
- Alberto Fernandez, President of Argentina
- Beatriz Gutiérrez Müller, First Lady of Mexico
- Dina Boluarte, Vice President of Peru
- Beatriz Archimon, Vice President of Uruguay
- Delegation of the Government of the Netherlands (Curaçao)
- Felix Ulloa, Vice President of El Salvador
- Cuban Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Portuguese Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Serbian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
They also confirmed the presence of delegations from the United Kingdom, Japan and South Korea led by parliamentarians from these countries.
13 representatives from international organizations such as CAF, CAN, Segib, Cepal and CAN will also come to Colombia.
The President of Peru, Pedro Castillo, informed the Government of Colombia that he could not participate in the change of command because Congress had not authorized him to leave the territory established by the Constitution, and for this reason he would be represented by the Vice President.
Castle sent a letter, As shared by the Peruvian Ministry of Foreign AffairsIn it he says he does not live up to his “very high assessment” of relations with Colombia.
“Wannabe web geek. Alcohol expert. Certified introvert. Zombie evangelist. Twitter trailblazer. Communicator. Incurable tv scholar.”