June 16, 2024

Solid State Lighting Design

Find latest world news and headlines today based on politics, crime, entertainment, sports, lifestyle, technology and many more

Kraft Heinz recalls contaminated Capri Sun Wild Cherry drinks

Kraft Heinz recalls contaminated Capri Sun Wild Cherry drinks
Placeholder while loading article actions

Kraft Heinz said more than 5,700 cases of Wild Cherry Capri Sun drinks were contaminated with the cleaning solution. statement Friday. The refund is valid for all products with a “best in use by” date of June 25, 2023.

The company issued a voluntary refund after the beverage was accidentally mixed with a diluted cleaning solution used in processing equipment at one of its plants.

“The problem was discovered after we received numerous consumer complaints about the affected product’s taste,” the company said, adding that people who bought the drink should not consume it.

Kraft Heinz said consumers can return products to stores where they were purchased. “The company is actively working with retail partners and distributors to remove potentially affected product from circulation,” it said in a statement.

Customers unsure if their group has been affected can contact Kraft Heinz at 800-280-8252.

This isn’t the first time the company’s drinks have been pulled. Last year, Kraft Heinz, based in Chicago and Pittsburgh, urge Consumers should not drink certain powdered beverages of Lemonade, Arizona Tea, Arizona Tea, and Cool Aid Tropical Punch in the United States and Canada after small particles of metal and glass are mixed into products during production. The company discovered the contamination during an internal audit at one of its factories.

The Capri Sun also made headlines earlier, when a video went viral of a father showing mold in his daughter Capri Sun’s juice bag. Cameron Hardwicke of Columbus, Indiana, was shocked to see the growth float on the drink when I emptied it into a glass.

See also  The mid-range Chevy Colorado makes the ZR2 a powerhouse with just a tune

“We don’t give these to our kids often but won’t give them again!” He said on Facebook Mail. The company responded that when the drinks were punctured, mold could grow, and the Hardwicke can was isolated. The company said they tested his drink and found a tiny hole in the case today.

“We understand it’s unpleasant, but mold occurs naturally, just as if you left an apple on your counter for too long and mold started to grow,” the company said.