The US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) released a statement Reduces irregular migrationUndertakes a process of guaranteeing 24,000 Venezuelans enter.
Venezuelans who want Apply for this benefit They have a Sponsor in the United States Guarantees financial or other support for your stay in the country. The The process of receiving applications for the migration scheme began this Tuesday October 18, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced.
DHS specifies that applications must be submitted by only one sponsor. This person or organization Must submit a Form I-134 They plan to support each beneficiary individually, including minors.
Since the announcement of the move, various questions have arisen among Venezuelans, which it wants Immigrate to America. One of those questions is who it could be A supporter Venezuela?
Requirements to be met by sponsors
- Be Legal US resident, including companies or representatives of other companies or organizations. They are also considered American citizens, Permanent residentsBeneficiaries Temporary Protected Status (TPS) Y Asylum seekers Passed.
- Citizens residing in the United States who agree to be sponsors of Venezuelan nationals seeking humanitarian admission Submit Confession One Declaration of Affirmation In it they demonstrate their economic potential. The document must contain the beneficiary’s name.
- You must have one A valid copy of government issued ID and displays your name and date of birth. For example, an employment document, license, passport, permanent resident card or birth certificate.
- Representatives of individuals and organizations wishing to apply as sponsors are required Declare financial support Must pass organizational and security background checks. The purpose of this practice is to avoid potential cases of exploitation and abuse against migrants.
- Sponsor will take care Support the applicant’s claim, can enter the country by air only if permitted. You should also show what you have Financial resources for immigrants for two years.
- DHS clarified that a sponsor can Support more than one beneficiaryFor example, different Members of a family groupBut he should File a separate Form I-134 For every user, even small children.
What happens after approval is granted?
Beneficiary Venezuela You will receive an email How to Create an Account with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) myUSCIS portal and confirm your biographical information.
How long can the applicant stay in the US if selected?
Who are those people? Temporary stay permit Pursuant to this process, they may Must stay in the US for up to two yearsEligible to apply, subject to health and research requirements Employment authorization Under existing regulations.
Chosen Venezuelans can Apply for employment authorization of Uscis by providing Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization. Employment authorization can be done Request reality.
What happens after two years?
Blas Núñez-Neto, acting undersecretary for border policy and immigration at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), indicated that decisions on what happens after those two years will be made as the days go by.
Myron Donna LopezMigration
Myron Donna LopezMigration