Barely twelve hours after the final whistle blew last night, Chelsea and Udinese are back for the second part of their electric pogalo at Stadio Friuli. Same place, different players (mostly), same result.
Chelsea took a little longer to launch today than yesterday, but it was a super attacking squad from Tuchel and we didn’t have to wait long for the opportunities to start flowing. Unfortunately, the classic Chelsea problem of not being able to finish our chances was in full flow as well, and even when we did find the goal, the goalkeeper either made a great save (different from yesterday but amazing) or Udinese. The line is like Ethan Ampadu’s head from the corner.
Young Armando Bruga was guilty of missing three great chances himself, but ultimately our pressure, quality and superiority made us important in extra time in the first half, when Ruben Loftus-Cheek finished off the best pass from Kovacic. .
The second half was pretty much the same, with Loftus-Cheek in particular starting to make things happen. He was going to win a penalty to make things comfortable (Ziyech conversion), and he wasn’t so lucky as he didn’t collect another two or three passes before clearing the way.
We hope some highlights will be posted soon. The coverage was clearly a bit lacking.
With peace of mind.
- A full rotation from last night: Kepa in goal, Ampadu-Chaluba marching in the back, Gallagher and Kovacic as a very attacking midfielder, flanked by Chilwell and Loftus-Cheek, and Boga up front flanked by Pulisic and Ziyech.
- Half time sub for Hudson-Odoi for Bruja. CHO slot in front.
- Like-for-like (in terms of placements) Subscribe to 67 minutes, Kenedy for Chilwell, Emerson for Sarr, Bettinelli for Kepa
- Subs in 77 Minutes: Gilmore Gallagher. Vale for RLC, CHO moves to right-back
- Next: Everton Away on Saturday, August 6 in the season opener!
“Thinker. Wannabe twitter lover. Entrepreneur. Food fan. Total communicator. Coffee specialist. Web evangelist. Travel fanatic. Gamer.”
2023 World Baseball Classic live updates: Japan leads 2-1 in the second half
Bryce Harper Phillies won’t start season in Illinois 60 Days, Dave Dombrowski says: What’s next?
Shohei Ohtani says he plans to hit the court in relief in the WBC final