May 26, 2022

Solid State Lighting Design

Find latest world news and headlines today based on politics, crime, entertainment, sports, lifestyle, technology and many more

The Russian Ministry of Defense provides the first major casualty update for military personnel since March 2,

The Russian Ministry of Defense provides the first major casualty update for military personnel since March 2,

An adviser to the Ukrainian government spoke optimistically about the recent attacks in the region around Kyiv.

“We are launching a counterattack. We are moving forward,” Vadim Denisenko, an advisor to the Minister of the Interior, told Ukrainian television.

CNN previously reported that Ukrainian forces appeared to have retaken land around the small settlement of Lukyanovka, about 55 kilometers (about 34 miles) east of the capital. CNN geo-located social media depicted the aftermath of the intense battles there.

Just northwest of Kyiv, the mayor of Irpin told CNN that 80% of the city was once controlled by the Ukrainian military, but added that it was still under constant fire from Russian Grad missiles.

“Very dangerous battles took place near Baryshevka [to the east]And Bucha, Hostomel, and Irpin [all to the northwest]. “We were able to recover quite a lot,” Denisenko said.

He said defensive lines were suspended and counterattacks were launched.

He explained that “twelve tanks, several aircraft, more than 10 armored units and at least 300 people were destroyed during the past 24 hours.”

At the same time, Denisenko reported further Russian air strikes in the south of the capital, near Vasylkev, which is about 30 kilometers (about 18 miles) away, and Bila Tserkva, about 70 kilometers (about 43 miles).

According to the Ukrainian armed forces, Russia’s response to its losses is to continue to build up troop numbers in neighboring Belarus, with many units deployed in eastern Russia.