John Mayer tests positive for COVID-19 for the second time since January…and has to postpone four shows
- The 44-year-old took to Instagram on Thursday to announce the sad news
- Mayer said his first condition “was very mild, but this is my best case.”
- Performed in New York City and Washington, DC earlier this week
- Mayer previously tested positive for COVID-19 in early January
- Mayer’s Sob Rock Tour is expected to return on March 11th in Las Vegas
John Mayer announced Thursday that he has tested positive for COVID-19, which has led to the postponement of four shows.
The 44-year-old singer, who battled the virus earlier this year, took to Instagram to announce the unfortunate news.
‘Puppy. More band members tested positive for Covid today, and I was one of them. “This means that we have to reschedule the next four shows, which we have already rescheduled and posted above.”
The latest: John Mayer, 44, announced Thursday that he has tested positive for COVID-19, leading to the postponement of four shows. He was captured earlier this week playing at Madison Square Garden in New York City
The Waiting on the World to Change singer told fans affected by the cancellations that he’s ‘so sorry’ for making you change your plans.
‘This is a problem for everyone in the squad and crew, not to mention the question hanging above everyone’s heads – myself included – as to how to get PCR tested twice in two months,’ Meyer said, adding that his first case. It was very light, but this one was better than mine.
The Daughters artist ended his message by saying, ‘We’ll give you everything we have on these upcoming shows, once we’ve rested and regrouped. With love and appreciation… I am.
Mayer altered the format of a show earlier this week at Madison Square Garden in New York City after drummer Steve Veroney and background vocalist Carlos Ricketts tested positive for COVID-19, the people mentioned. The guitarist took on an acoustic group and Questlove later joined him in concert.
The Waiting on the World to Change singer told fans affected by the cancellations that he was ‘so sorry for making you change your plans’
The girl artist was seen playing a show in Los Angeles earlier this month
The platform reported that Mayer played Wednesday in Washington, D.C., at Capital One Stadium with a sore throat, having a cup of tea next to him as he played an acoustic instrument.
He told party-goers, ‘After the past two years, I’m not going to cancel a show. We do not cancel offers here. I mean, if it’s that thing and you’ve got it — well, I understand. Anything other than that… If only me were going to hit the guitar with my right hand and my left hand in a chord and tell you stories, I wouldn’t cancel a show.
The musician said on Instagram on Tuesday that the concert was “another exercise for the soul and love” amid difficult circumstances.
He said, “Thank you very much to our old friend #JJJohnson for sitting down at the drums to make some of the group feel loud and proud. “Thank you all for handling the punches. I’m more sure than ever that I have the biggest fans around.
Mayer previously tested positive for COVID-19 in early January, as he had to walk out of a show at the Play in the Sand festival in Mexico.
Mayer’s Sob Rock Tour is expected to return with a concert on March 11 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
Postponements for the next four shows include the February 25 concert in Pittsburgh which has been rescheduled to May 5; The March 1 concert in Belmont Park, New York will be rescheduled to May 7; The March 4 show, to be held in Boston, has been rescheduled to a pair of shows on May 9 and 10.
“Hardcore twitter fanatic. Proud coffee fanatic. Social media aficionado. Devoted tv enthusiast. Alcohol scholar. Bacon specialist. Avid troublemaker.”
Rep. Maxwell Frost yells “F – k DeSantis” at Paramore’s party
Watch Millie Bobby Brown and Jake Bongiovi, son of Bon Jovi, celebrate at their engagement party
Aries June 2023 horoscope