Due to the economic crisis affecting dozens of countries, citizens have no choice but to travel to the United States in search of a better quality of life. However, this large number of people want to take their relatives to the North American country and there is a procedure for this.Humanitarian Parole’, you can apply as a sponsor and bring a close relative to live with you in your state of residence in the United States. Continue reading for more information.
In this article from Depor, we will explain what humanitarian parole is, what it is for and how it applies to others. Be careful and pay attention to every detail.
What is Humanitarian Parole?
It is a temporary residence permit issued for urgent humanitarian reasons or significant public interest. With this permit you can enter the US without any problems. It was created to solve the huge crisis at the border due to high demand for illegal crossings. Thus, 30,000 monthly permits are issued to citizens of Cuba, Venezuela, Nicaragua and Haiti.
How long does humanitarian parole last?
Generally temporary gold permit is granted for not more than one year. USCIS will specify the period of time necessary to fulfill the purpose of parole. Form I-131.
Parole ends in two minutes. Completion depends on which of the following two events occurs first.
- Expiry date of permit.
- The beneficiary leaves the United States
How to Apply for Humanitarian Parole in USA?
Individuals wishing to apply for humanitarian parole must meet a series of requirements, which we describe here:
- Be citizens of Nicaragua, Cuba, Venezuela or Haiti.
- Being outside the United States.
- Hold a valid and current passport for international travel.
- Have a sponsor with legal status in the United States that demonstrates they have the ability to provide financial assistance and any other type of support the parolee may need.
- Pay for your airfare to the US.
- Compliance with vaccination requirements and other public health requirements set by the US government.
- Have permanent residence or refugee status or dual citizenship in any other country.
- Have been ordered removed from the United States within the previous five years or are subject to an inadmissible ban based on a prior removal order.
- You have irregularly crossed the border into the United States, Mexico, or Panama after January 5, 2023.
Requirements for humanitarian parole in the United States
In order to initiate the Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) process, interested parties must have a valid passport and be willing to request the participation of a person on humanitarian parole, other than a sponsor in the United States. .
In addition, the sponsor must demonstrate that they have the financial means to sustain their stay for two years. USCIS announced the option for immigrants and parolees who have entered the country to apply for work authorization online through Form I-765.
This may interest you
“Wannabe web geek. Alcohol expert. Certified introvert. Zombie evangelist. Twitter trailblazer. Communicator. Incurable tv scholar.”
Two of Maduro’s former political prisoners described their experiences at El Helicoid: “People were electrocuted, drowned and suffocated.”
US investigation into plane crash in Virginia
Argentine judge acquits Cristina Fernandez in money laundering case